Last year I presented at Social Slam in Knoxville (see me at left with Ann Deeter Gallaher and Trey Pennington (RIP)); the inaugural regional blast-of-an-event you can’t miss this year. The event is going to be the best gathering of IRL social media mavens, rock stars, A-listers (yes, all the names you’re not supposed to use) you’ve been interacting with during the past year.
Please join me and so many others in this community and beyond on April 27, 2012 in Knoxville. We’re having a Tweet Up Thursday evening, so you can’t miss that, either! (Of course, it’s AFTER the VIP pre-party; [10:15] p.m. at a location TBD).
Tickets to attend are the lowest ever and quite affordable. Knoxville is a hop, skip and a jump from most states east of the Mississippi (I sang that as I typed it so I’d know how to spell it).
What’s more, the line up of speakers promises to be worth it so you can say you met them IRL. I’m so excited to see everyone this year, and you’ll get to meet up/tweet up with the likes of these keynoters:
- Gini Dietrich — professional blogger extraordinaire who takes on all things PR, marketing, social media and more at Spin Sucks and Spin Sucks Pro.
- Mitch Joel — keynoter and amazingly articulate “digital rock star” who founded Twist Image; he’s going to address the Six Pixels of Separation that define the social mediaosphere.
- Mark W. Schaefer — my buddy from the earliest days of Twitter in spring 2009 when we launched together and became fast friends. It’s his expert tutelage that drives he behind-the-scenes of this fabulous event and he does a grand job as emcee, too. He’s over at his Grow blog beating the bushes with books, presentations, video, and lots of insight.
Also IRL and presenting lots of grand content in sessions are some of these you may recognize:
- Jay Baer — author, blogger, social media rock star who writes over at Convince and Convert; we saw him last year and he did rock the house.
- Tom Webster of Edison Research who is accessible @Webby2001
- Marcus Sheridan of The Sales Lion
- Stanford Smith, Pushing Social
- Sean McGinnis of DotCoLaw
- Billy Delaney
There’s tons of great content; the audience numbers ~400, and the chance to meet everyone up close and personal is the best opportunity ever. When you can only share words on a post with folks and no one gets to touch a hand or give a hug, something is missing. That’s the prime reason I’m going…so shake a leg and join me! Seats are still available!