Ever have a customer experience shopping for bathroom tile? It’s not something you purchase lightly or soon forget. In fact, if you don’t have an interior designer, you’ll select everything alone. It’s quite a heady customer experience and it’s one many a marketer is grappling with now.
There’s a retail/online shopping conundrum these days, and you can see the bubble bursting with this news:
- Walgreens shut Beauty.com and Drugstore.com to focus on its own site.
- Macy’s is closing 100 stores.
- Wal-Mart bought Jet.com for $3 billion.
- Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus are vying for luxury shopping in Manhattan
- Home Depot is stocking less on its shelves and sinking more into its online experience