There are few marketing catalogs good enough to devour and some you should trash. For them all, you ought to get on the “do not mail” list (can I get a personal assistant, please?).
The catalog I devour is Crutchfield. It is full of the most advanced tech gadgets from stereo speakers on a carabiner to cameras, earphones, and deck speakers for that outside life we all love to wish for.
I’m not an audiophile, but I sure do love tech toys. Didn’t I recently tell you we were all game players? I digress.
Direct Mail Say Hi To Content Marketing
Crutchfield is taking the direct mail catalog to new heights, and they are impressive ones:
On page 12 of the most recent not-junk-mail sales catalog is a piece fit for a blog post, “Making A Mustang Rock; We do the research so you know exactly where it fits.” It gets no link because it’s not online; it’s in print and mailed to me.
The article (yes, I said article) is for Mustang enthusiasts interested in souping up stereo speakers in the dash for Mustangs built in 2005-2009.
Throughout the authoritative piece that smacks of research and original proven content are photos of the speakers for sale.
In the sidebar is a feature of the guy, Jason, who’s been working for Crutchfield 18 years. He’s the savvy dude who fits your car with tech gear.
At the bottom, are two call outs —
- First is oriented to establishing more authority, “We’ve done profiles like this for 38 more vehicles; hit crutchfield.com/vprofile to read more, etc.:
- The second is definitely a favorite of Crutchfield customers and prospects…Outfit My Car, where Crutchfield has created a database of 17,000 autos and what the audio requirements are for each with a lot of “free installation accessories.” Check that out at crutchfield.com/whatfits.
Why Crutchfield is #RockHot
- Have you heard that content is king? I know you have or else you’ve been under a rock for two years.
- This type of blog-postesque content that melds sales with content marketing is brilliant.
- Not only that, the experts behind the story are featured right there; authority zudes from the content.
- They showcase their database of extensive vehicles and product requirements.
- Products are seen in action and help illustrate the story IN THE SALES CATALOG.
If you are a content marketer, it’s time to get creative, just like this. We’re living in a souped up time for business opportunity…just like those Mustangs Crutchfield is outfitting with sound systems.