I receive a lot if inspiration for creativity from Twitter. This second big idea came from a tweet in passing about our weekend loads with Neicole Crepeau. You may recall that it is with her that the brainstorm for my second business blog was launched, The SMB Collective (for which I seek writers, if you’re interested?)
Michelle Quillin, co-owner of New England Multimedia, spoke with me about vlogging. She also suggested that my single mother (by choice) status was a marketing tool. (I did not immediately agree nor do I now, but am swaying.)
Upon tweeting with Michelle and Neicole about our usual weekend load, she with four children and a business, and me painting kitchen cabinets all weekend, it quickly became apparent I needed to recognize and support we super working moms.
Introducing “I Am a Super Working Mom.”
This acknowledgment campaign has few, yet critical, objectives:
- Recognize professional moms who balance work/life either successfully or not
- Feature short kudos and stories right here and via my new Soulati Media Facebook page (P.S. Please join me there.)
- Have regular blog fodder that is more fun and acknowledging of the social media relationships I’ve created and come to cherish
Criteria to Self-Nominate or Nominate Another
- The only requirement I prefer is that the woman featured is a professional working mother; marriage status is not anyone’s business (but if I can play matchmaker at the same time, well, heck yeah!).
When submitting information for a short story, I’d like to know the following, please (and anything else that strikes your fancy):
- About the business you run, manage or are employed at.
- Number/ages of children, pets and other caregiving roles you manage in your home.
- What a typical weekend for you is like
- What secrets can you share about managing the load; do you ever have time for yourself?
- How to reach you via social media, blogs, website, etc.
I know I need to go first, but perhaps I can practice on a few peeps I know. I believe you know who you are, right? Neicole Crepeau, Michelle Quillin, Mojdeh Hojjati, Ivonne Vazquez, Gini Dietrich, Christina Ampersad, and the list goes on and on; it’s exhaustive!
How to Play
- Self-nominate and answer a bit about yourself
- Give me permission to draft a short piece and share it with you for approval
- Share a jpg of beautiful you without the kids
- Nominate someone you’d like to recognize and we’ll work it up for the queue. Plans today are to draft a story 1-2/week depending on available content.
I’m excited about doing something fun and pseudo businessy here; all work and no play makes mommies grumpy.